Markie and I decided to start the day pretty early. First we went around our hotel to find somewhere for breakfast. We came upon a bakery called Ogi Berry. There were two nice ladies who welcomed us. There was bread and pastries galore! We had the best cafe con leche and I had a frikkin awesome chocolate croissant. Markie and I thought that these ladies made everything from scratch somewhere. We later found out it was a chain bakery. hahaha Nonetheless, still delicious.
Then we decided to walk to old town. Along the way we walked along the beautiful beaches. Man it's so nice here. I heard the water is cold, but we plan to dip our big toes in it soon. Once we got to old town, we wandered around. Saw churches, went into shops, and of course again had pintxos! Soon after that we had the yummiest gelato.
I love the vibe here. Very relaxed and chill. Surprisingly, the shopping is pretty awesome too for a small town. I was able to get a sweater from Zara. I wasn't expecting the cold nights. I only packed mostly shorts. I have only worn one pair of my shorts, but I think the days are getting warmer, so I'll be able to wear them.
We headed back on the bus and went to the market close by. Very convenient and much cheaper!
We headed back to the hotel and Markie took another siesta. Then we headed back to old town to eat...Our delicious, exotic meal.....McDonalds! It actually hit the spot! We headed home to prepare for our early day the next day.
Here are pics..
Our yummy breakfast at Ogi Berry
Look at that chocolate ooze out! Yes, it tasted as good as it looks.
Playa de la Andaretta
La Concha Beach
One of the streets in Old Town.
Playa de la Constitutcion..They used to have bull fights in this plaza. The apartments have numbers on them because that's how people knew where to sit during the bullfights.
The man at the Pintxos Bar was very nice. Delicious.
Markie loves his pintxos.
Iglesia de Santa Maria
Iglesia San Vicente: Oldest building in San Sebastian. It survived the massive fire when the English came.
Gelato Boulevard. Really really yummy.
I was so surprised to see this at their "mall". I didn't find any "hola kitty" stuff like I hoped. :)
Bridge to Gros
Catedral Buen Pastor
Our exotic meal of the day. They had something called " Patatas Deluxe. Basically potato wedges with seasoning. Not a fan. This meal was freakin $14!!!

1 comments on "San Sebastian Day 2"
chocolate crossaints!!!
Post a Comment