Thursday, June 17, 2010

Madrid Day 1



Hooray! We made it.

Markie and I left L.A. at 8:30am on Wednesday...flew to Miami..and then arrived in Madrid at 8:45 am on Wednesday.

We took a taxi and got to our hotel around 10 am. It's a really cute hotel on a nice street with modern furnishing and a dope bathroom. (Complete with a bidet!) We were feeling a bit tired, so we thought we'd take a short nap. The short nap turned into a 7 hour nap! Whoops. Guess we were tired.

Finally decided to go get stuff to eat around 7:00 pm. We wanted to check out this one tapas place that was in one of our books. We started wandering around totally looking like tourists with map in hand. We finally found the place and enjoyed some tapas and beverages.

We ventured on the metro back to our hotel, dropped stuff off, then wandered some more. On our way, I saw a Haribo! Score! Candy! We also saw this table with these scary looking masks which were actually people who just scared anyone walking by. It was funny to see people getting scared. Then we came to this plaza where there was shouting. We figured it was Real Madrid fans partying, but NO it was Mexico fans. They all came out from the woodworks and started singing and chanting. I think that's pretty ballsy, but it was entertaining.

Here's some pics..

I love the Madrid Airport. Cool architecture.

Cute street of our hotel. Kind of looks Paris-esque.
Picture on our balcony.
I forgot what this was called. But it was potato chips with sunny side eggs and ham. Delicious!
Me and my wine.
Plaza Mayor

Jackpot!
Rach's heaven!
They were playing cool classical music.
Mexico fans celebrating.

Hopefully I can update this thing often. Viva Espana!


0 comments on "Madrid Day 1"