So day 2. I feel a lot more comfortable using the metro now and finding our way around. I think we've hit up all the areas in Madrid, so I'm glad we're leaving soon.
Today we started our day with buffet breakfast at our hotel. Markie was starving so we went early. There were a lot of sweets for breakfast. You'd think I'd be happy about that, but wasn't really in the mood. When they brought out the scrambled eggs I was all happy. But then I tasted them and they had this weird after taste. So no thanks.
We headed back to our room to nap again :). Then we finally got ready to explore.
First we headed to the Prado Museum. The museum is huge, but also beautiful. We brought the xshot camera extender, which was awesome. People were totally looking at us all funny and we probably looked like Japanese tourists with our gadgets, but whatever. It helped us to get good pics. Anyhoo, Markie and I rarely go to museums, so it was nice to be cultured together. My two favorite paintings were "Las Meninas" and "Descent from the Cross". The first one, Cile told me about right before we went. It looks so lifelike in person. The second one looked 3D! I think I was amazed at the size of so many of them and the details in them. Glad we got to go to this museum.
Then we were off to the Parque de Retiro. This was a park that the rich royalty kicked it at before. Now it's a huge park that a lot of people just hangout.
Then back to the hotel. Markie took another siesta, then we headed to La Latina for dinner. Then we wandered around more and found ourselves in Plaza Mayor. There are some scary and shady people in that plaza, but it was fine. Then it started raining, but luckily we weren't too far from our hotel.
Here's some pics.
I thought these trees in the Parque de Retiro looked like broccoli.
Solo shot. My lolo, I mean Markie, is resting his leg on the bench behind me. :)
Everyone kicks it on the steps of this monument. Markie didn't want to row a boat. Boo.
Kicking it on the steps.
Enjoying our balcony.
This had octopus, prawns, and potatoes. Yum.
Calle Cava Baja. Lots of cool tapas places on this street.
One of the stalls at the Mercado de San Miguel. These were DELICIOUS, especially the salmon one.
Markie and I really like this market.
Plaza de Mayor.
A chocolate store.

Side note: One of the things I discovered about my husband. He talks in his sleep. He's said something to me each time he's taken a siesta. hahahaha

1 comments on "Madrid Day 2"
keep blogging yummy photos!
Post a Comment