Being the paranoid person I am, I couldn't sleep because I was worried we'd miss our bus and oversleep. But alas, we made it. The train was pretty cool. I was able to sleep a bit. They played Night at the Museum 2. So random. There was this guy who was snoring so loud, but he could care less.
We arrived in San Sebastian around 1:30pm. Dear Lord it is FREEZING HERE. I mostly packed shorts because I thought it was going to be hot. Uhm yeah, it's effing cold. Thank God for my jeans and my North Face jacket, although I think I'll have to go shopping at H&M or something for a sweater.
So we get to our hotel and there are all these old people in the lobby in front of the registration desk. Me and Mark looked at each other like WTF. It was like GERIATRIC SPRING BREAK! The poor reception lady just looked at me with this exasperated look. We finally got our room and then when we were waiting to get on the elevator some peeps from the geriatric spring break crowd were waiting with us. We nearly peed in our pants because these old ladies in both sets of elevators just kept going up and down up and down. So every time the elevator doors would open, it would be then. I was crying. The peeps laughing with us called us chines. hahaha
So then Markie and I took another classic 7 hour nap :) Woke up and went to the town to get some pintxos (pinchos) or tapas.
Markie and I are huge foodies so we were so excited to go to San Sebastian and eat all the good food we were hearing about. For those of you who don't know how pintxos/tapas work, you go to a bar and there's all these different types of food on the bar. You pick what you want, order a drink, and pay per pintxos. The tradition here, is to have a pintxo and a drink and then move on to another bar. If you see the pics below, you'll see what I mean and know that we were not disappointed..
On the train
Riding through Spain.
Our room complete with IKEA furniture
First set of pintxos. Pretty yummy, but the bar was shady.
All the different pintxos at the bar.
Sangria
Food heaven!!!!!!
The salmon with the crab was out of this world!
We can't wait to continue our eating extravaganza!!!!!

0 comments on "San Sebastian Day 1"
Post a Comment