Thursday, February 12, 2009

The best sushi is in strip malls



So my friend Anh asked me if I had ever eaten at a place called Sushi Central on Palms and Overland. I knew exactly which one she was talking about and told her no. Surprisingly, she told me Bobby Flay from Food Network did a throwdown there. I was like "really??? random!". That place is in a strip mall underneath some massage/tanning place. 

So anyhoo, I got intrigued so I looked it up on Yelp. People were saying good things so Markie and I decided to try it out. Okay, when you walk in there, it kinda feels like you're eating at California Roll Factory. The place is pretty tiny.  And once we got the menu, we realized, "hmm these are not California Roll Factory prices". We ended up each getting the central combo and then i ordered ono and mark got mackerel. They don't rush the sushi at all. They really take their time to cut the sushi. It must be cuz the owner used to be the director of the Sushi Academy. Needless to say, the sushi was SOOOO FRIGGIN YUMMY AND FRESH. Especially the Ono. Dude, I thought the Ono at Midori was the bomb, but this was even better. At Midori they douse it in that sauce, but here, they don't even want you to use soy sauce. 

So anyways, if you're looking to get good sushi, go here. But don't expect all you can eat or cheap prices. 

If you want really really great sushi that is not cheap but yummy, go to Sushi Zo which is also in a strip mall by my house. hahahaha

I love sushi.

0 comments on "The best sushi is in strip malls"