Monday, October 22, 2007


So this past weekend was pretty busy. That's probably why I'm sneezing up a storm. But it's also probably cuz I had to freakin go to work on Thursday night and Saturday morning. Booooooo.
Anyhoo, here are the highlights of my weekend:

Friday ~ We took Riann and Joe to the dope Karaoke place with all the recent songs. Riann and I discovered that our "song" is Ne-yo's because of you. (practice on Tues. Riann. hahaha). Oh earlier that day, we went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch. It was hot as balls cuz we were in the valley. This pumpkin patch was next to a cemetery. There was a funeral freakin goin only a couple of yards from where the kids were playing. Some kids even climbed to the top of this hay structure and watched the funeral. hahaha Nice.

Saturday ~ The Caribbean crew watched our video. yay! Thanks Cile and James for editing. It made us miss it and want to go back even more. Soggy Dollar Bar anyone?

Sunday ~ We went to El Coyote for Ate Tin's bday. Beverly was closed cuz of the Aids Walk, so everyone had to park around. Randy and I parked at the Grove, so we asked Drew and Larnie if they could drop us off. So this is the conversation that went on...So we were talking about Greys, and I said that I had no sympathy for Callie...Then i go..

Rach: What's her last name again? Callie....
Drew: Dr. Lopez
Larnie: Yahhh Lopez.
Rach: No, it's not Lopez. I'm pretty sure it's not Lopez
Larnie: No, i think it's Lopez.
Drew: Dr. Ramirez?
Larnie & Randy: yahhhhh Ramirez
Rach: No, it's not Ramirez. Crap what is it?

So then we all just started throwing out hispanic sounding names: Sanchez? Ramirez? Rodrigues? Fuentes? Gomez? (notice all of them end with "ez". haahha)
It was killing me, so I had to call Gwennie

Rach: Hey, Gwennie, what's Callie's last name?
Gwen: Oh, Torres?
Rach: Ohhhhhhh Torres!
Everyone: HAHAHAHA TORRES! HAHAHAHA

We were dying laughing. Fun times

Later that night I went to St. Monica's with Larnie and Drew. Cile met up with us later. I can't believe how packed that church gets at 5:30 mass. But I have to say, I see why so many people go there. The music is great and the homily was great too. The mass was over an hour, but it totally didn't feel that way. The priest said in his homily, that's it's easy to be nice to people that are nice to you, but the real challenge is to be nice to people that ARENT nice to you. Man, that's a toughie.

1 comments on " "

Gwen on 2:51 PM said...

Yeah, all I heard after I said Torres were giggles and laughter. You guys are funny. Did you see this week's Grey's? It's getting much better and can't wait to see Josh Jackson on the show. Yay! Pacey's back on TV.