Monday, March 24, 2008


So we all were hatin on Kaba not having any filipinos..So since I'm on Spring Break from work, and have nothing to do but pick my butt and surf the net, I found this on Kaba's myspace...

No filipinos on Kaba MTV?

- Here is a reply from one of our current 2008 coordinators:

A: hey everyone!! we understand that there is some confusion and misunderstanding of how a "filipino team" does not have any filipinos on the show. However, to clear up who we are and whats going on...........

As you may know, Kaba Modern is branched from the Filipino club, Kababayan here at UCI. Our team is composed of various ethnicities and is NOT only limited to Filipinos.

Andrew Simbol & I (both full Filipino), were on the original crew, but had to pull out of the show due to our newly established titles of the teams Coordinators for 2008 along with Geoffrey Lee. Because tapings would take place in LA and require the group to live there, we could not have abandoned our responsibilities to the team back at home.

I hope this clears up any confusion! We are very proud of the strong group representing us, and cannot wait to see them advance in the show!! PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!! THANKS!! =)


What do you think? Do you buy it?

1 comments on " "

ANNA on 9:54 PM said...

that's not the only point...oh geez, i don't wanna get started on this. haha!